Book online today and you will get trust, expertise, quality and value as standard.
If your vehicle is over three years old, you must get an MOT for your vehicle by either the third anniversary of its registration or the anniversary of its last test.
Some vehicles, however, need to be tested at one year old, so ask your dealer or check with the DVLA.
How an MOT works:
During the test, important parts on your vehicle will be checked to make sure they meet the legal standards. You can watch the test from a viewing area but you’re not allowed to interrupt the tester. The test does not cover the condition of the engine, clutch or gearbox. The guide and inspection manuals tell you everything that’s tested. Your vehicle can either pass or fail the test. If it fails, you’ll get a list of things that need to be fixed.
If your vehicle passes you’ll get a certificate from the test centre and it will be recorded in the MOT database. The certificate will show the mileage recorded at the current and previous 3 test passes. This is shown as the ‘odometer reading and history’. Report any mistakes with the latest reading to the test centre within 7 days.
If your vehicle fails you’ll get a ‘refusal of a test certificate’ from the test centre and it will be recorded in the MOT database. You can appeal the result if you think it’s wrong.
You can take your vehicle away if your certificate is still valid. However, if your MOT has run out you can take your vehicle to have the failed defects fixed or to a pre-arranged test appointment.
- You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving a vehicle without a valid test of vehicle safety.
- An MOT lasts for a year. The date it runs out is printed on the last pass certificate.
- You can get a test up to a month (minus a day) before it runs out and keep the same renewal date.
- You can’t drive your vehicle on the road if the Ministry of Transport has run out. You can be prosecuted if caught.
- The only exceptions are to drive it if you are going to or from somewhere to be repaired or to a pre-arranged test.
|Up to 1100cc||1101cc to 2000cc||2001cc to 2500cc||2501cc upwards|
|Interim Service & MOT||£99.00||£109.00||£119.00||£129.00|
|Full Service & MOT||£159.00||£169.00||£179.00||£189.00|
|Major Service & MOT||£199.00||£209.00||£219.00||£229.00|
|Terraclean with any service||£80.00||£80.00||£80.00||£80.00|
Advanced Diagnostic 1 hour
All prices include VAT at 20%
All service prices include service parts, labour & VAT
Vehicles requiring 5 or more spark plugs will incur additional cost